Your character is stuck on an island with what...?

- LISTEN! THIS IS THE ISLAND SPEAKING. I HAVE SEEN THE SISTERS ON MY SHORES, FOR THEY HAVE DIED IN MY SANDS, BUT I WILL NOT RELEASE THEM. -

ATTENTION, SURVIVORS! THANKS TO OUR LAST POST, I WILL BE RELEASING A NEW TWIST TO THE CURRENT ISLAND. YOUR TWIST IS [ A SECOND LIFE ] SO, IF YOU ARE OFF TO THE WRONG TRACK, YOU GET ONE WARNING AND A CHANCE TO MAKE A NEW POST. YOUR OLD POST WILL REMAIN, BUT GO IGNORED IN THE JUDGING ROUND IF YOU CHOOSE TO HEED YOUR WARNING.

THE SURVIVORS BEING WARNED WILL APPEAR HERE

*@Animal_lover_3157’s Maria and Julie, the island has reclaimed your souls and placed them back in your bodies. As it would happen, your time has not yet come. How will you survive until then?

Sorry, I like writing fantasy genres. I understand, but I think I’ll just leave it like that. I’m busy working on my book series right now.

Understandable. You can incorporate fantasy if you like, you just can’t give a definite answer that they will be okay in the end, which would defeat the purpose of deciding if they live. I like your story though.

Thanks, I hope you do check out my book series.

I glanced at your story Wild Not Vicious, which I presume is where your characters are from. It could be interesting if I find the time to dive in. What she is is definitely intriguing in itself.

The character Maria and Julie were actually just a short story. My book series is much more complicated, but the last book is about God and Amber’s (main character) faith. It’s a little violent, but its mostly just fantasy. I love fantasy. I was actually inspired by a really good series called Red Queen. Victoria Aveyard is my favorite author of all time. I do like inspiring God stories as well. I have watched an awesome God movie called Miracles from Heaven. It was so sad but true. God does give us miracles more than we realize. We all take God for granted at some point. We all are sinners, but its all about what you do for other people that counts.

Shoot I need to start on this.

AAAAAAAAAAA

Tomorrow night! I’ll do it tomorrow night!!

(Not an answer to the second island; someone just wanted a word with you…)

Sethral: *Shoves back in * “Yeah, I damn well survived! Ratty beat me on our last Drakon hunt by one freaking Drakon and I swear to Shelha if I’d died, I would have become a ghost and come back to haunt his lousy copper ass—”

Ryatzi: "Language."

Sethral: “You can wipe that ****** grin off your face; you weren’t the one getting dumped on islands in the middle of nowhere with a sprained wing.”

Ryatzi: “That’s not enough to kill you.”

Phoenix: “I’m sure you were suffering…”

Sethral: "Ratty, you—Phoenix Cort-Lyre, I am going to wipe the bathroom floor with your bedsheets and make you sleep in them."

Whipper: *Shuts thread * “Sorry @gracelynpine! I hope that didn’t break any rules… I’ll go make them fight somewhere else. Good night!”

We’re allowed to do this? My character is having complaints of me using him every time we have a new island (which was only once). I’m kinda tired of hearing him rant.

So that’s why I’m putting him on this island as well!

I love fantasy as well, and God. As miracles are in the eye of the beholder, there are so many miracles we do not call miracles, but they are there.

Lol.

Yes, I totally agree. I’ve been a Christina since I was four years old. Now I help younger kids learn about God.

Lol. It’s alright.

I suppose I’ve always been Christian, however, it wasn’t until a couple years ago that I really chose to be. (We’re getting a little off topic for this thread though. Woops.)

Sorry, I guess we are :joy:

xD You gave me my laugh of the day! Thank you!

(Lol, I would do that to Sethal just cause she’s so damn funny to listen to. But she also runs my book and I would NEVER hear the end of it if I yanked her out of working on the actually-serious mystery of her enemy’s slave trade for another frivolous game…)

You’re welcome! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

XD I guess I chose the wrong character to yank out of my book as well. It’s just that it’s more fun writing him in these types of situations, you know?

Character: “WHAT THE HECK DID YOU JUST SAY??”

That was a compliment! :wink:

Third Person POV (I’ll be alternating between first person and third person, then see which one works better for me).

“Why am I here again?!” Narcissus’ voice echoed throughout the empty desert island. Waves lapped gently against the sandy beach, blissfully ignoring Narcissus’ screams. “Didn’t I die in the last round??”

He stalked over to the beach, not waiting for a reply. There sat a parachute that he had used to land here and a black duffel bag. Looking inside it, he asked aloud, “Why is there a random machete sitting in here? And how is the duffel bag dry?”

Taking a swig of water, Narcissus pulled out a cooking book. About cooking poisonous snakes. He stared at it in disbelief, then flipped it open and started skimming through it. “Do the people who wrote this expect me to have a random pot full of water sitting around?”

He sighed, then stood up straight and stared forlornly at the horizon. The sun was starting to rise, and it’ll start getting hot quick after that. “Might as well pack everything up now. Maybe I can create a shelter with the parachute. And I’m pretty sure preparing cactus meat is better than catching a poisonous snake.”

After everything was packed in the duffel bag and moved farther inland, Narcissus removed the machete and prepared to venture out into the desert. First, he needed food. The parachute could simply be pulled over himself, and he would be find from the sun’s rays. Or so he hoped.

That was when he tripped over a small, gray, and somewhat bumpy stone, diving straight towards a small green cactus. “Wah!”

At the last moment he shifted his body, twisting himself so that he received only a few scratches on his forearms. He sat there, gasping, before turning towards the small stone that he had tripped over. To his disbelief, it had started to scramble away.

“What the–hey, wait up! I don’t think rocks are supposed to run!”

The mysterious rock was trying to dig a hole when Narcissus arrived. He picked it up and turned it over, only to realize that it was a strange-looking animal he had never seen before. “Oh. Well, I guess you’d make a good dinner.”

Then he paused, rethinking his decision. “Well, I guess I can also keep you as a pet. Like as a friend. Who knows how long I’ll be here? And since you can lived here long before I came, then you can probably get food on your own too, huh?”

That being said, Narcissus brought Rocky–that’s what he decided to name it–back to his “camp”. He draped one side of the large parachute over a tall cactus, then brought all his stuff in. It wouldn’t protect him from the heat, but it would protect him from the UV rays. He could go cactus-hunting at night. It wasn’t like poisonous cactus existed or anything.

As for his water…Narcissus took a hesitant sip, then rooted it deeply into the sand next to him. Cacti had plenty of water, didn’t it?

He flopped onto the ground, machete laying next to him. “Say, Rocky. How long do you think we’ll be here?”

Rocky gave no reply, but he didn’t leave either. Narcissus inferred that Rocky must like the shadows underneath the parachute. “Well, don’t disappear on me,” he yawned. “I’ll put a signal outside tomorrow for passing planes or ships. If all else goes wrong, then you’re supposed to be my lunch.”

The last thing he saw was Rocky digging underneath the surface of the warm sand before his world faded to darkness and a nice, peaceful sleep overtook his senses.

Oh, um, turns out Nar wants a word with you. You get 5 seconds, Nar! Your time starts now.

“Okay, if you say that I die of heatstroke or I get bitten by a poisonous snake or I die of hunger, you will not be forgiven and–”

Five seconds is up! Thanks for listening! And Nar, the person in charge of this thread decides if you live or not, not you! Now go to sleep like the story says. Leave the creator in peace!

Now that I look at it, I realized that I threw the entire story together in the middle of the night.

GREETINGS, SURVIVORS. THIS IS THE ISLAND SPEAKING. BEHIND THE INTERWORKINGS OF THE AUTHOR’S MIND I HAVE WOVEN AN INCREDIBLE TALE. WHO HAS SURVIVED MY TALE?

@SmokeAndOranges Rules still rock! :wink:

First of all, I give bonus points for intriguing plots beyond this game that makes me really want to dive into Sethral and Silversand’s world. +2 Points.

Writing Itself- 18 Points

Plot- 5 Points

Use of Materials- 3 Points

Character him/herself- 4 Points

Realistic Magic- 0

Collective bonus points including password usage- Use of the word phooey, bonus point for humor and relatability +1. Password usage +1. Other bonus points +2.

Total: 32/56
By the way, how can something taste green? :wink: However, unripe is a whole other story. Island, stop looking over my shoulder, I’ll give you the scores when I’m done!

@Animal_lover_3157 Lack of a password, but I’ll let it slide. Your interpretation of the instructions and having two perspectives (without breaking rules by putting them together at same place and time) is intriguing.

Writing Itself- 11 Points

Plot- (9 Points before penalty) -1 Point

Use of Materials- -10 Points (for lack of usage)

Character him/herself-
(Maria) 5 Points
(Julie) 8 Points
(We’ll allow both characters to have separate scorings in this round.)

Magic-
(Maria) 3 Points (for ghost perspective)
(Julie) 3 Points

Total: 19/56 (+ Was offered second life–turned it down.) (All bonus points included in total.)

@Eternal_Foxglove As a note, that tactic can be frowned upon. Can’t wait to see how well it works! Reminder, every post needs a password just to ensure that you’ve read the rules.

Writing Itself- 18 Points (Keep in mind, there were some clear errors, but not enough to deserve point loss.)

Plot- 4 Points

Use of Materials- 11 Points

Character him/herself- 9 Points (Hey, I felt really connected.)

Magic- 0 (No mention of magic or other abilities.)

Total: 44/56 (All bonus points included in total, including bonus points for humor.)
Oh, no-- It’s too humorous… Must laugh. Starting with the running rock.

@SmokeAndOranges Hey, Silversand! So, you seem to rely heavily on what other people have told you, and you spent much of your time thinking about your friends. It’s good that you care, but it takes energy away from more important manners. Your parachute home (check out parachute canopy tents online, they’re awesome) was a good idea, though there may have been a chance that the heat would still severely affect you. You avoided our poisonous critters well. However, you made a slip up when you decided to replenish your water supply from the cactus, as water from directly within the cactus can cause a number of bad things (check out “cactus water will make you sick” by Arizona Daily Independent). Plus, the cactus is not poisonous, therefore, it wouldn’t have been in the book to begin with. Good job on your efforts to find help, though. “SILVERSAND FOUND” HEADLINES READ. SILVERSAND WAS FOUND ON A DESERT ISLAND, SURVIVING ALL ALONE AMONG THE POISONOUS CREATURES WHO CALLED THIS PLACE THEIR HOME. HOWEVER, SHE CAME DOWN WITH SEVERE STOMACH ACHES, DIARRHEA, AND WAS NEARLY STARVED. RECOVERY WILL TAKE SOME TIME.

@Animal_lover_3157 Hey, Maria and Julie! Although, you guys did not explain how you survived for so long, your story was truly eye-capturing. The island claimed your souls for some time, but what came of this? “BEAUTIFUL SISTERS FOUND DEAD ON SAME BEACH.” HEADLINES READ. NO ONE KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED. BUT I, THE ISLAND, AM A FORGIVING ONE AT TIMES. BE FREE NOW, LOST SOULS.

@Eternal_Foxglove Hey, Narcissus! Welcome back, I see you were revived just fine. The island is pleased to see you as well, and that you came prepared. You have a very good mood for surviving, and you acted very realistically. You could say that I was excited to hear about your progress on the island (don’t ask, I have my ways). You were quick to set up camp, a good move. As well, you wasted no time adjusting–after tripping around for a while. The contingency plan for our desert friend was a good one, though, even the best of us get lonely and it’s a good way to keep sane. As well, the little guy led you to natural food sources during your stay. On the dumb side, cacti are not poisonous, but drinking their water has bad effects on the body. And, even eating matured cacti flesh is dangerous for your health. LAST TIME, YOU WERE MINE. BUT I AM A CLEVER ISLAND. THERE WILL BE NO ‘ROCKY’ TO HELP YOU NEXT TIME. NARCISSUS LIVED, THOUGH WITH A TERRIBLE STOMACH ACHE. HIS LITTLE FRIEND WAS THE SOURCE OF HIS RESCUE WHEN A TEAM OF ARMADILLO RESEARCHERS FOUND THEM.
In third place is @Animal_lover_3157
In second place is @SmokeAndOranges
In first place is @Eternal_Foxglove

Congratz, everyone, on your efforts in this round!

Next island will appear soon…

New password will apply.