Your Fantasy Character and Story Art

art

A reboot of the old fantasy story art thread.

NO COVER ART (Maybe if the title and author is removed. I’ll let the mods decide that.)

3 Likes

My two babies from start to finish ^^ they’re apart of a fantasy beauty and the beast retelling and the images are sort of symbolic.

IMG_5576

31 Likes

Omg, those are gorgeous!

1 Like

They’re so cute!!! I love that style! <3

1 Like

Amethyst_Rain Xenoclea

Thank you! ^^ I haven’t shaded the second one yet, but hopefully I get to it so they’re more comparable

This is my jam!

I’m currently writing a story about these three people, who’re all the same race. And it’s not like a human race, per say since they have blue skin. And I’m not very far into the story, but I accidentally drew the two girls.

Malak dell

@RosesnWater Those are amazing! I love your style. It’s so super dynamic :smile:

17 Likes

So basically Disney, if they actually got something right for once. I’m not sure if the guy is really attractive merman, or something else.

annabelle_by_otissalmoneus-daoie0u

This one is related to an old short story I did, about a fantasy world that came about after the collapse of the modern world, leaving behind ancient “Cyber Catacombs”. The titiular girl in the painting: Annabelle, was once a noble, but fall down the social latter to a common church heretic. The only one who knew of the modern world outside of her family.

(And more polite way of saying beheaded.)

Bare in mind the red hair, though I like red hair, was just because of the limited color palate I had at the time.

In reality it’s closer to something like a light brown with blond/green highlights.

Her ties with the old nature still remain with a single leaf on her biddy nose.

Before someone says anything, all my dead characters come back from some sort of cyber necromancy.

Before my whole Neo-Napoleonism craze.

2 Likes

Cleeeaaan. These are amazing!

1 Like

You “accidentally” got that pout game :on::lock: Love the textures and the backlighting.

Time to whip out the ol’ 2H and printer paper:

This is Brunhilde. She likes peaches, woodworking, and long, romantic walks o’er the corpses of gods.

Qaram, on the other hand, “fondly” remembers that time I lost my sharpener and couldn’t be arsed to get a new one. Her favourite number is her current body count.

16 Likes

Does it usually take a while? I know some art style can … kind of vary with how long it take to do them.

1 Like

Outlining normally takes an hour or so. My tablet is acting up so I can’t upload to cell shade and I refuse to pencil shade no normally just a few details then I move on. For you?

1 Like

It depends on the context. I find people take absolutely forever. But there is a thing called “Feeling Drawing” where the individual details in and of themselves aren’t important, so much as the feeling that drawing overall conveys.

Well that, and I suck at hands and feet.

A drawing like this takes a really long time, but generally less long than if I’m doing a portrait. Yes I know the shoes, go away fashion police.:confused:

6 Likes

Damn that emoji game is my new fetish.

Also, I think your Brunhilde could join the Pout Gang here. Love her expression :heart:

1 Like

WHAT ARE THOOO–

No, I’m kidding. That shading uber cool, so atmospheric.

1 Like

Thank you. :black_heart: My reaction face to 90% of life.

1 Like

Honestly same.

Resting bitch facers unite :neutral_face: :fist:

1 Like

I’m crying. :joy:

1 Like

Thank you! Your girls are also super lovely, of im not totally off, I love your use black backgrounds, it makes the lighting so much more noticeable :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ahh I get you! These look really good still! I know that feeling about not wanting to shade with pencils, I do it sometimes if it’s just a rough sketch I didn’t plan on doing anything worth anyway, but it’s it’s something new I’ll turn into digital art then the lines have to be clean ^^’

1 Like

Oh yes! Nothing worse than one bad pencil stroke completely rearranging the facial bone structure. The way I envy @ennife on Instagram. All hand-drawn and coloured and it is glorious.

1 Like