Your Fantasy Character and Story Art

art

That is actually super helpful! And your handwriting looks really cool

1 Like

Hahaha, absolutely no problem! I got this hand model and just sat and drew hands for a billion years in all kinds of poses.

Now feet on the other hand… (lol)

I’m glad you could use it :smile:

Please tell my tutors my handwriting looks cool!

1 Like

Clearly I need to spend some kind torturing myself with hand drawings.

Oof, feet kill me too. everything but faces kill me a little lol

I’ll write them a letter of handwriting approval

1 Like

It’s the only way to learn; through torture.

Right? Torsos I’m okay with too. And arms. But everything beneath the knee is a pain.

"Dear Fray’s university,

Her handwriting is cool.

Kind regards,

Xenoclea."

I think they’ll be super understanding.

2 Likes

I’ll do it.

And I’ll do it in my messiest handwriting so yours looks even better by comparison

2 Likes

I’m trying to do more poses beyond standing up and it’s difficult getting everything right

You’re like the best friend someone with a shitty handwriting but who isn’t going to be a doctor could wish for :sob:

Oh definitely. I use even more circles and lines when it comes to poses.

Like this: (How good was Avatar though?)

6 Likes

Mine are just messes:

4 Likes

I don’t think anyone is arting right if their sketches aren’t messy.

In other news, yours look way better than mine.

Why thank you. The true test will be if I can actually turn them into art

You will! The next part is torture - line art - if you do line art… If not, then you’re in the clear and can jump to the fun part! COLOURING! :sparkles:

Alas, I usually do some more detailed line art, but it won’t be that neat

You are pulling off the non-neat line art tbh. I can’t do that. My characters always just look fluffy if I do that.

1 Like

Thank you. For years I couldn’t do anything without line art, so I’ve been really working on skin and hair textures so that I could eliminate them.

1 Like

Honestly same. I think the nymph and satyr was a one-off. I usually never do line-art that nice, and even that has bumps.

I really don’t do well with stupid lines. Thank you second style for not needing me to do that!

1 Like

Yeah! Lines are an acquired taste I feel. There are some styles that work really well for it, but I’m far too chaotic to have clean line-work

The cartoonish one definitely needs it. Just pays a homage to the days where you got one person to do lines and another to do colours.

A realistic style defo doesn’t. It can but it can also not have them. That’s what I like about more realistic styles - you just have more leeway with them.

1 Like

I definitely agree

1 Like

Ooh I love their colour palettes! And Eleth’s hair especially, it’s got such nice textures going on for still being in progress

1 Like