Your Fantasy Character and Story Art

art

Praise our dark lord for the gifts he bestows on us :raised_hands:t4:

2 Likes

The pencil texture to this one is so cool! And that blue highlight is so beautiful, it adds a nice touch :blue_heart:

Thank you. For Eleth, I just need to make a background and add finishing touches

2 Likes

PRAISE HIM (there’s no pentagram emoji. Every day Discourse continues to disappoint me.)

@AveryJutsu Thanks :smile: I have a thing for those colourful highlights.

2 Likes

I finally got around to drawing the owner (also protagonist) of the diab I posted some time ago. A reader said she wanted to see more of the blind and scarred eye since the character keeps it covered with her hair so I thought “Ayy how about some WIND!” I attempted to do a cinematic crop as an afterthought lol.

10 Likes

Love the little frenchie. It’s super cute!

Also, the way you draw clothes is awe-inspiring and I’m jealous.

3 Likes

Thank you! I must’ve re-sketched the skirt a dozen times. For some reason I thought fabric in the wind would be easy :joy:

I hear ya :joy:

But it’s looking great. And the colour palette is so soft :heart:

1 Like

This is phenomenal. This should be in manga! (Okay I got excited but really really impressive) I love the colour pallete and the fine details on everything.

1 Like

This illustration made me add this book to my reading list because I want to know about this girl and her dog o.o

3 Likes

Thank you! The very first draft of my story was actually in a short comic form (my art teachers told me I should do it), but so much has changed that it’s basically like a whole other story haha.

1 Like

Yay! I must warn you that the dog comes in rather late because of all the world building and setup I had to do first :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Lovely colours and sense of proportion. Makes me want to know the character, which is part of the challenge, I reckon. The bat-pug is a nice touch!

Here’s a self-portrait I did for a class– I didn’t know how to render facial features, so it’s rather flat, like an Egyptian tomb painting.

Version%202%20(10)

To get the effect of artist’s canvas, I slapped on some transparent goop and laid on a piece of cheesecloth.

Hanging on the wall above my writing table, she became a character in a historical novel that’s way too long to post on WattPad. She’d probably make a good elf, or a vampire (with wee fangs).

5 Likes

But demon doggo is there and that’s all that counts lol

1 Like

Thanks!

And your portrait looks so cool! It may be flat, but the canvas effect and colours really add to the style. What did you draw on originally?

Ta! I’m a one-trick pony. Most of my other artwork is pretty sad.

Watercolour paper. Outlined the hair and face in light pencil, then daubed in the background with a fat, dry brush. Filled the hair with blue watercolour and the face with faint blue and some pale gold. My eyes are hazel, but I liked the cat-yellow. Lined the features with a quill pen and india ink. Then I went over the blue of the hair with heavy streaks of paint and then some oil pastel, I think. It’s been a while and my memory’s not precise.

Friends find it spooky because the face lacks expression, as if I’m hypnotised or even dead. One art-history buff told me that the black pupils centered in yellow irises signify madness.

I had it framed and gave it to a boyfriend. He gave it back after a month or so. Said it made him nervous, as if I was watching him.

1 Like

Haha I find that awesome. I’m kind of a nut for spooky things though so maybe that’s why I like it so much, even if it wasn’t your intention

A bit nervous about sharing my art, but here is a few armour explorations I drew for my main character. Soon I’ll have to get back to it, and draw some concept art for my other characters too. :cherry_blossom:

9 Likes

These look awesome! I love seeing the different options and ideas you’re putting into it.

1 Like

Beaut work! The pose is formal yet natural. The exaggerated narrowness of the face adds to the character. I’m half in love with him already.

Here’s another spooky thing I did, that’d be a good fantasy cover. A classmate gave me a B&W photo and I made a collage sort of thing.

rawl7

I was mad for dribbling coloured ink and then blowing it, which can be unpredictable but also very cool when it turns out. The black is acrylic and I coated it with an acrylic glaze, which has bubbled over the years.

6 Likes