Your Fantasy Character and Story Art

art

My two boys! Saoirse and Kai Fen, or as I like to call them, Mr. Idiotgrin and Mr. Itwouldkillmetosmile.

The desktop I drew this on has problems with the colour display so everything looks more pastel than I meant it to (meaning poor Kai Fen looks SO much paler than he’s meant to!) but I don’t have access to any programs to do colour balancing on any other device right now.

Still, I love these boys and their friendship <3

7 Likes

I’m loving this! I love seeing the evolution of ideas through this, keep it up!

2 Likes

One more. Did this for a story about a taniwha (NZ Mäori: a water spirit) who is provoked by the taunts of a mortal and rises in rage from the deep.

taniwha

Scratched the black lines in and glued on coloured tissue paper. Very quick and haphazard.

(Wish I could find the story.)

7 Likes

Ooh I really love the eyes (or lack of I guess lol) on this one!

Halfway between a face and a skull: looks scary to me, and I created him.

Taniwha are usually represented as sea monsters, ocean-going dragons, but they also can shift shapes and appear as small reptiles or human beings.

There are stories about taniwha who took up residence in rivers and streams, assumed human form, and bore children to men (similar to the Celtic Selkie tales).

There’s a waterfall near Te Reinga (the northernmost point of New Zealand, where the souls of the dead go back to the sea) that’s said to have a female taniwha living under it. I went there and watched, but she didn’t appear.

7 Likes

I did an art

10 Likes

It’s been so long since I posted anything, haha (even longer since I finished anything). I’ve been doing watercolour work mostly since I’ve been panned out and it relaxes me, but I did find this digital WiP of my DnD party that I really need to finish, haha. (my genasi boy zephyr is at the back)

WIP

8 Likes

Good work! I’m almost inspired to draw something, which I haven’t done in years.

I did find another illustration I did for a story, a class assignment. From the look of it, I’d had a glimpse of Aubrey Beardsley’s illustrations for Le Morte d’Arthur. Doing all those leaves put me in a half-trance, which I liked.

greek

Once again, I can’t find the story.

7 Likes

MCs Sethral, Silversand and Whipper :upside_down_face:

01%20PM 16%20PM
Whipper*

8 Likes

47443224_1814703878640049_6917337570883928064_n
An old drawing of a good boi from my story haha. I sketched him in my bullet journal and then applied some colour digitally. Also got rid of the dots within him.

10 Likes

He looks like he belongs in the Attack on Titan universe, haha.

Love the pose! Very dynamic. The expression is wonderful, too.

1 Like

Thanks!

I did some drawings of some local gods from a story I’m working on. I couldn’t decide what they would wear because I was like ‘Do Gods even need clothes???’, so I just censored the nips.

6 Likes

Finally got this done. Took waaay longer than I first thought but i’m pretty happy with the outcome (background is an older drawing I did in my usual style).

This is Zeke, he hunts beasts & critters called nalites.

3 Likes

Good one. Seems like he want some sturdier spectacles, verging on sports goggles, for violent ops, as the rimless jobs he’s wearing are prone to damage.

I know it’s not real, but I tend to think about what sort of soles are on his boots, and that sort of thing.

1 Like

Finally, Leïv of Leo. You Leo people have your representant ! Everyone has now !

4 Likes

This guy is actually form the first book I ever written in high school that I completed. The story is utter shit, but Alvon is forever fabulous.

5 Likes

The art style totally reminds me of the drawings I did back when I was in high school. Pencil artists unite!

2 Likes

I’m once again at that point in my life where I hate everything about my art and my writing, so I have no idea where I’m going with this.

4 Likes

Pretty happy with this one! the finer details honestly made this look so much better but they take so much work ^^’

4 Likes