Your Wholesome Anime

The real purpose of this thread is actually to keep me from falling asleep while I finish one of my chapters, lol. (Sometimes chatting while writing keeps me alert.)

Anyway, just wanted to know if you’ve ever watched or would like to watch some wholesome anime? Or has your mind already been sullied by the dark, destructive forces? What are your top 5 sweet, innocent, as sin-free as possible anime? If you have less or more than five, that’s okay. Just put them down.

If you’re curious, here’s a list of mine (in alphabetical order):

Gakuen Babysitters Two orphaned siblings are offered shelter and schooling by an old chairwoman on the condition that the older brother helps out at her school’s daycare center.
Miira no Kaikata A boy is tasked to take care of a palm-sized mummy which his father finds while exploring Egypt. As the show goes on, his classmates also find their own tiny friends.
Poco no Udon A man returns to his hometown after the death of his father and finds a child hiding in their old udon shop. He discovers that the child is a shape-shifting tanuki.
Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori The series shows the day-to-day lives of four men running a tucked away tea house/cafe, as well as the lives of their friends and customers.
Senryu Girl A literally quiet girl and an ex-delinquent boy become not only part of the same poetry group, but also close friends. (They also start crushing on each other. Gya!)

So yeah… I need to stay awake. Please help! :joy: :joy: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

Saint young men - Jesus and Buddha come to earth to have a vacation. Together they experience lots of funny adventures.

2 Likes

Well, there is one I can think of, but…considering it’s original source, I probably shouldn’t say it here.

1 Like

Tanaka-kun wa istsumo kedaruge The story is about Tanaka, a highschool boy who just don’t do much; never doing things that take too much effort and enjoying taking naps wherever he is and Ohta, his friend, always accompanies Tanaka by lifting up and going to their room.

1 Like

Yep. I’m afraid I’m a bit of a sucker for the dark ones… the psychological ones… you know, that ones that leave you with utter fulfillment (along with a stream of tears). Yeah…

Probably the most wholesome anime I can recommend is Fruits Basket… I’m sure I have some others somewhere, like Your Lie in Apri- Wait, no… Ah, how about After the Rain? Well, I mean, kinda… if you take the anime for what the storyline etc was supposed to be about… Oh, yeah, Banana Fish! NO, definitely not! Ah… I probably have a list I could look down… You know, the anime that I may have watched a few episodes of or the whole of when I had yet to decide what kind of anime I preferred…

But yeah, basically, my wholesome anime are usually the sad or psychological ones… Maybe some of the fantasy romance ones like Yona of the Dawn, but my favourites are definitely more around the lines of Black Butler, Death Parade/Note, 91 days, Banana Fish (I have yet to watch Tokyo Ghoul or Attack on Titan, but I’ll be getting onto them soon…ish), yeah. Those types. :blush:

1 Like

One of my absolute favourite animes is Natsume’s book of friends. It’s a super wholesome show about a dude that can see spirits

1 Like

Mushishi- A series of stories about Ginko, a man who works with the primal spiritual Mushi in order to aid people suffering from problems caused by their natural presence.
Haven’t You Heard? I’m Sakamoto- The incredibly cool and popular Sakamoto, a flawless, handsome genius, faces pranks set up by the envious male population of the school, yet always manages to emerge in absolute perfection (and be a genuinely decent, warm guy into the bargain).
My Roommate is a Cat- A 23-year-old introverted mystery writer, adopts a cat named Haru by chance. While he initially remains distant, they gradually bond with each other.
Sakura Quest- Yoshino Koharu is a young woman struggling to find a job in Tokyo, who gets a lucky break when she receives a job offer to work with the tourism board of the economically struggling Manoyama village as their “Queen”.
Yuri!!! on Ice- (Does anyone not know this one?)

1 Like

Dragon ball z

1 Like

Toradora!
A wholesome slice of life anime about a shy guy who looks menacing and a short tsundere girl with a fiery temper. Shenanigans and wholesome fluff ensues.

The Case Files of Jeweller Richard
A sweet little show that delves into the very niche interest of gemstones. I learned a lot watching this show.

Ore Monogatari
Another high school romance between the typical sidekick looking character and a sweet girl who likes cooking patisserie.

Given
A quiet young man who can’t play guitar but carries an expensive guitar everywhere he goes finds solace with a schoolfriend and his band.

1 Like

I haven’t heard of this one before! Thanks for the new title. :slightly_smiling_face:

I think my brother has this on his PC. Not sure though. There are still a lot of anime I haven’t watched yet. I do know that he thinks it’s wholesome too.

It’s kind of funny, because some of the titles you mentioned (Death Parade, 91 Days) are in my list of most favorite mindf*** anime, lol. 91 Days especially was my favorite find of 2019. Yeah, Fruits Basket was super sweet, but I haven’t watched the remake yet. Your Lie In April nearly messed me up, lol. I might be too much of an emotional person. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome. Detroit Metal city is also pretty funny.

1 Like

I haven’t watched that yet, but it’s on my future viewing list! :grin:

1 Like

This list gives me life. :grin: Sakamoto desu is especially dear to me because one of my post-grad classmates watched it too, and I only found out at the end of that year.

1 Like

Were texts and pogs ever popular at your place? They always used to feature Dragon Ball Z and Sailor Moon on those things. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

i don’t think so-
i watched the whole thing with my bro-
loool i guess that’s why it seems so wholesome to me-

1 Like

Toradora and Ore are so cute! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:I haven’t watched Case Files but I know Muse Asia is uploading the episodes right now. Waiting for the series to finish so I can binge. I haven’t watched given before. It’ll probably more of my best friend’s thing, 'cause she’s super into strings.

I might give it a try, but I bet my high school buddy would be more into that. He’s a much bigger fan of satire and dark comedy than I’ll ever be. Thanks for the suggestion!

Yeah, basically every kid on the block used to watch it. Since most of the homes here didn’t have cable or even a TV back then, we had to skedaddle over to the neighbors’ to watch. I remember the most popular titles aside from those two were Ghost Fighter, Flame of Recca, Daimos, Voltes V and Hunter X Hunter.

1 Like